|Imposter's Home for Um... Make 'Em Up Pals|
|Episode name pun on: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends|
|Airdate:||September 16, 2005|
"Camp Keep a Good Mac Down"
"Duchess of Wails"
"Imposter's Home for Um... Make 'Em Up Pals" is the fourth episode in Season 3 of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. It was aired on September 16, 2005.
When Goofball John McGee comes to Foster's and makes a total nuisance of himself. Frankie thinks he's a teenage kid passing himself off as an imaginary friend, who always needs help with homework and washing his jerseys, and eats all the food that Frankie buys from the store, but everyone else believes otherwise. So now, Frankie is out to prove him as a fraud.
Reception and Controversy
This episode has received extremely negative reception from fans and critics. This is considered one of the two worst episodes of the show (the other being Everyone Knows It's Bendy), since many fans were WIDELY annoyed by Goofball's actions and Mr Herriman's outright hypocritical and demeaning treatment of Frankie. Additionally, many fans felt that Frankie was taken advantage of during the entire episode, and was treated unfairly. They also heavily criticized the plot twist at the end for being EXTREMELY unfair and completely hypocritical (it is revealed that Goofball really WAS an Imaginary Friend). Additionally many fans found the unfortunate implications of Frankie's treatment (that being everyone thinks of her as a servant) to be extremely mean-spirited and Mr Herriman's treatment toward her bordered on abusive.
- The plot twist near the end of the episode reveling that Goofball really was an Imaginary Friend was HIGHLY criticized for being completely random and unfair, not only did this twist make Frankie look like a horrible person in front of everyone, but its nothing more then the episode giving out one last troll's slap in the face to Frankie.
- Comcast refers to this episode as 'Imposter's Home for Imaginary Friends'.
- Mac only makes a speaking cameo in this episode
- Mr. Herriman is very out of character in this episode as Goofball's antics were no different than anything Bloo does, and seems to tolerate his actions just to spite Frankie.
- Mac is very out of character as he blatantly betrays Frankie; It was heavily implied that he told Goofball offscreen that Frankie was going undercover as "Goof Goof", even though he promised not to do so. He also used the money that Frankie bribed him with to go to the concert and pay for everybody's t-shirts.
- Frankie's cleaning sequence, with tiny mice added, was a homage to Cinderella.
- Herriman states that Goofball's false nose made him "wacky" when really it was what was under it.
- We learn Frankie likes Punk Rock and her favorite concert is called "The Fake-Out's".