|Imposter's Home for Um... Make 'Em Up Pals|
|Episode name pun on: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends|
|Airdate:||September 16, 2005|
"Camp Keep a Good Mac Down"
"Duchess of Wails"
"Imposter's Home for Um... Make 'Em Up Pals" is the fourth episode in Season 3 of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. It was aired on September 16, 2005.
A strange character known as Goofball John McGee comes to Foster's and makes a total nuisance of himself. Frankie thinks Goofball is actually a teenager passing himself off as an imaginary friend, as he always needs help with homework and someone to wash his football jerseys, and eats all the food that Frankie buys from the store, but everyone else believes otherwise. So now, Frankie is out to prove him as a fraud.
- Running Gags:
- Frankie proving Bloo wrong with flashbacks, and getting 25 cents (a quarter) every time into a jar reading "FRANKIE'S RIGHT AND BLOO'S WRONG.".
- Goofball calling Frankie "Franny".
- Frankie trying hard to disprove Goofball as being an imaginary friend, but only gets into more trouble.
- Goofball making Frankie finish the same chores again.
- Bloo calling Goof-Goof McGoof (Frankie disguised as an imaginary friend) "Melanie."
- Along with the episode Everyone Knows It's Bendy, this is one of the most hated episode in the series, due to Goofball's annoying character, Mr. Herriman's unfair treatment to Frankie and the extremely unfair ending of the episode.
- Mac only makes a speaking cameo in this episode.
- On that topic, many fans were incredibly angered with Mac's cameo as there is a high possibility that he might have secretly betrayed Frankie, it's generally implied that Mac told Goofball off-screen that Frankie was going undercover as "Goof-Goof", he even went so far as to use Frankie's own money that she bribe for him to buy "The-Fake-Outs" t-shirts for everyone, this theory makes it even worse as Mac was shown to have a crush on Frankie, so to have him betrayed Frankie like that, which resulted to her getting punish by Mr. Herriman of not going to the Fake-Outs, makes this one of Mac's worsts moments in the entire series.
- Madame Foster does not appear in this episode.
- Herriman was humming the theme song before he got stuck in the scientific goo in the beginning of the episode.
- Even though in the episode "Busted", it was shown that every imaginary friend has their own list of chores and responsibilities, in this episode, Frankie is the only one that has them.
- Coco appears in this episode, but has no dialogue.
- One of Goofball's friends highly resembles Nazz from Ed, Edd n' Eddy, except Nazz is a girl while Goofball's friend is a teenage boy.
- Comcast refers to this episode as 'Imposter's Home for Imaginary Friends'.
- Frankie's cleaning sequence, with tiny mice added, was a homage to Cinderella.
- Herriman states that Goofball's false nose made him "wacky" as a metaphor for his true identity.
- We learn Frankie likes Punk Rock music and her favorite music group is called "The Fake-Out's".