|Goofball John McGee|
|Alias:||My Fine Figment, The New Guy|
|Family:||John Larry McGee (creator) and his parents|
|Creator:||John Larry McGee|
|First appearance:||"Imposter's Home for Um... Make 'Em Up Pals"|
|Voiced by:||Tom Kenny|
Goofball John McGee is an imaginary friend who made his only appearance in the episode, "Imposter's Home for Um... Make 'Em Up Pals." He is voiced by Tom Kenny. He also appears in the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friend's Leapster game as an imaginary friend you need to help find items for.
Acts throughout the episode as a jerky teenager just wanting to have things done for him. He mainly acts as a jerk towards Frankie by making her job harder than usual. He comes off as a slacker just wanting everything done for him. There is also a very subtle hint that he may have done things as payback for Frankie yelling at Bloo, as his high five with Bloo proved they were in on it together. at the end when Frankie and Goofball both apologize when he is shown to be a true imaginary friend.
Goofball has a huge appetite and rationalizes his decision to have eaten all the food in the Foster's Home fridge by claiming that he's a growing big boy. Or it could be because he has an elephant trunk for a nose, he is hungry all the time and eats just as frequently as an elephant.
He has red hair with two pieces of hair sticking up and has a trunk-like nose. He also wears clown shoes, clown nose (that hides his elephant trunk) torn shorts and Fake Out concert T-Shirt.
- Goofball is also criticized for his painfully obvious human-like design, which is made even worse by his actions. And even during the episode were hints that possibly he wasn't a true Imaginary Friend:
- When Goofball comes to Foster and Frankie ask his name, he had to think his name, implying that he fake his so called "imaginary friend" name.
- His attitude was the typical teen human attitude, not the colorful and bizarre attitude of a imaginary friend.
- He force to Frankie to make his homework, showing that he assist to the school despite of be an imaginary friend, apparently.
- He has teen friends that have similar attitudes to him, and also one of them call him John, implying that Goofball isn't his true name, tho it could be his middle name.
- When Frankie confront him regarding to his creator, he should think the name of his creator, and he don't know the phone number of his creator either, despite of his claims that he and his creator was very close.
- He, besides Mac, can see through the "Goof Goof" disguise of Frankie, while the rest of the Imaginary Friends were easily fooled by her costume, implying that Goofball was actually a human like Frankie and Mac.
- By these hints, many fans were extremely outrage with the final part in that Goofball was revealed that he was in fact a true Imaginary Friend, because fans think that this ending was a forced plot twist to bash Frankie in the head to avoid that she can get justice by the unfairly treatment that she must endure in the episode, as such, not only does this entire ending made Frankie look like a horrible person in front of everybody, but it also made the fans look like complete fools for even believing that he was a normal person.
- Despite being considered one of the most hated characters of the series (even more so then Bendy), some fans think that in the episode Imposter's Home for Um... Make 'Em Up Pals, Bloo and Mr Herriman were the true antagonist and the characters that deserve more dislilke than Goofball.
- In the case with Bloo, because is heavily implied that the reason of Goofball to pester Frankie in the episode was because of Bloo, as early Frankie threat Bloo with punish him if he try to pester her during their chores, then perhaps Bloo persuade Goofball to pester Frankie like a loophole to her warning, even this implication is more obvious to see Goofball and Bloo hive five each other, showing that both are in the same league.
- In the case of Mr. Herriman, he treated Frankie more badly than in other episodes, even forcing her to do all the chores alone when previously were showed that the Imaginary Friends help with the chores. And also he is hated by his hypocritic attitude, because Mr. Herriman normally openly critic and punish the actions of Bloo, yet he was too considerable with the obvious bad actions of Goofball and even he have the nerve of use to Frankie like a scapegoat by the actions of Goofball, or punish her unfairly by the actions of Goofball, making Mr. Herriman probably the most hated character in the series.
- Goofball McGee's silver trading card statistics in the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Leapster game include:
- Was named after his creator John 'Larry' McGee.
- Also likes 'The Fake-Outs.'
- Full name is Goofball 'John' McGee.