|Goodbye to Bloo|
| Episode name pun on: 1982 song by Scandal|
and 1986 Swedish song by Roxette
both titled "Goodbye to You."
|Airdate:||May 3, 2009|
|Writer(s):|| Tim McKeon|
"Fools and Regulations"
The episode begins with Bloo waiting for Mac as he is over an hour late for his daily visit. The Clock states that it is 4:00, making Bloo angry that he was being ratted out. Then, the doorbell rings and a family arrives to adopt a blue friend with no nose, and leading them to Bloo's room where Eduardo, Coco and Wilt are holding a court. Then, the blue friend is revealed to be No Nose Ned, who has been in the room waiting for a new family to adopt him, and Bloo is relieved. Mr. Herriman explains that Mac was not going to be there because he was moving so he helps his friends plan a special day.
The next afternoon, Mac arrives at the home and Bloo wants to do something special, but the other friends - Wilt, wanting to play basketball; Madame Foster, who baked a new sugar free batch of her annual cookies; Coco, to have their portrait painted by artistic friend Leonardo Dilychee; and Pizza Party wanting him to write a song for them, and others have plans to be with Mac on this day, but Bloo wants to do something special: Jump The Shark.
While Bloo looks for a shark in the swimming pool, Frankie then has something special for Mac: a surprise party and he normally hates them, but in this case he really is surprised to see this as all the friends (including Goo) join in for a farewell as well as some of the many characters that have appeared in the series gather to say goodbye. Bloo gets frustrated that he could not make a ramp in time with help of a nerdy shark and Madame Foster's friends Flo Jehrkins - bursts into the room with the dogfish friend and walks to it and jumps over it.
Mac finally explains that he and his family aren't moving to a different city—in reality, they're actually just moving into a new apartment in the complex that they live in. Mac elaborate by explaining that his mom got a promotion at work, so they're moving into a bigger place in their apartment complex, and the apartment they're moving into was previously occupied by his friend, Louise, and her family, who're moving to a different apartment complex. Mac adds that the new apartment complex that Louise and her family are moving to has a strict "no imaginary friends or pets" policy, so guess who now has to live at Foster's? Cheese, who greets them all with "Now we're brother roomies!"Everybody screams in horror, with Wilt adding "I'm sorry, but this is not okay!" as the opening animation used is shown in reverse, and Cheese says "Okay, bye doggies!", ending the episode.
During the credits, a hand-drawn ink-on-paper drawing of a happy Mac and Bloo walking off into the sunset with the words, "Thanks for watching!! Craig and Lauren" written at the top is shown on the right.
- Although this was the final aired episode of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Destination Imagination is the final produced episode of the series, similar to how "2Geniuses 2Gether 4Ever", "Comedy of Feathers", "What's the Big Idea?" and "Octi Gone" were the final produced/aired episodes of Dexter's Laboratory and The Powerpuff Girls.
- Bloo's alter ego, Orlando Bloo made an appearance, although in "Neighbor Pains", Frankie states she will burn the hat and trench coat. Bloo either somehow got it back or had a spare.
- Bloo made references to other episodes when he was trying to tell Mac what they should do.
- This was Craig McCracken's last project before he quit his job at Cartoon Network.
- Cheese is the last to speak in this episode, making him the last character to speak in the whole series.
- Stats from "Good Wilt Hunting" returns in this episode.
- Mac mentions the time when he and Bloo sold Madame Foster's cookies in "Cookie Dough".
- When Mac says "Do you mind, Bloo?" when Leonardo Dilychee is about to paint another picture of him and Coco, his left leg is missing but his left foot is still visible.
|Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends|
|Characters|| Main Characters • Secondary Characters|
Mac • Bloo • Frankie • Madame Foster • Goo • Wilt • Coco • Eduardo • Mr. Herriman • Cheese
|Media||Episodes and DVD releases|
|Movies/Specials|| House of Bloo's • A Lost Claus • Good Wilt Hunting • Cheese A Go-Go •|
Nightmare on Wilson Way • Race for Your Life, Mac & Bloo •
Destination Imagination • Goodbye to Bloo
|Games||Big Fat Awesome House Party • Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends • Imagination Invaders|
|Creators||Craig McCracken • Lauren Faust|