|Bye Bye Nerdy|
|Episode name pun on: 'Bye Bye Birdie'|
|Airdate:||July 1, 2005|
"The Sweet Stench of Success"
"Bloo Done It"
SPOILER: Plot details follow.
After beating Mac's high score in a video game, Bloo goes to rub it in his face at school, but is horrified when he comes to the conclusion that Mac is a nerd. When Mac arrives, Bloo quickly works to make Mac cool, but none of their ideas work. Just as Mac says he doesn't care about being cool, the coolest kid in the school, Jamez Withazee tells him that the fact that he doesn't want to be cool, makes him cool, and invites him to 'The Rock.' Since Mac takes up this offer and is not at Foster's at 3 o' clock, Mr. Herriman is very quick to ensure that Bloo gets adopted, but in the end Bloo makes it to the rock and gets made fun of by all of the kids, which makes Mac stand up for him and realize that being cool isn't everything.
Spoilers end here.
- The episode title is a pun for the Broadway musical, Bye Bye Birdy.
- This episode shares the name of a Simpsons episode.
- The video game that Bloo played is called "Super Mega Blasteroids 9."
- The line "It's a 106 flocks to Mac, I've got a full bladder, half an idea where I'm going, it's Tuesday, and I'm wearing sunglasses.", said by Bloo and after, Frankie says "Hit it!" is a reference to the 1980 movie, "The Blues Brothers" where Elwood says, "It's a 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.", then Jake says "Hit it!".
- Mac breaks the fourth wall about addressing improper lip syncing