|Bus the Two of Us|
|Episode name pun on: Just the Two of Us|
|Airdate:||August 1, 2006|
"I Only Have Surprise for You"
"The Big Cheese"
Frankie is running errands in the bus, but Bloo wants to go on a road trip instead. When they return to the house, Frankie asks Bloo to close the bus door. When Bloo goes to do so, he sees that Frankie has left the keys inside. After initially resisting the temptation, Bloo takes the bus and drives around the block twice, before driving to Mac's school to collect him. Mac becomes terrified when he sees that Bloo cannot see over the steering wheel whilst he is driving (with the sound of various screeching brakes and crashes in the background). At a gas station, Mac phones Wilt and explains the situation, before asking Wilt to cover for them until they get back. Wilt is reluctant to do so, as it would involve lying, but eventually agrees, on the condition that they return as quickly as possible. When Mac tells Bloo, he decides to drive onto a freeway rather than head back to the house, claiming that they "now have some time". Meanwhile, Eduardo sees an advert on television for a mattress sale, which lasts for only one day, and asks Frankie to drive him to the mattress warehouse. Frankie notices the bus keys are missing, but finds a spare set. In a desperate attempt to distract her, Wilt asks Coco to feign illness. Coco does so, forcing Frankie to take care of her and making her unable to get Eduardo's mattress, so Eduardo decides to get the mattress himself using his tricycle. Wilt next encounters Mr. Herriman, who asks him why the bus is not parked outside. After blindly stating Bloo took it, Wilt unconvincingly claims Frankie took it to re-run an errand, before pushing Mr. Herriman into the basement to avoid him seeing Frankie. Back on the road, Bloo stops at a pizza restaurant because he needs the toilet, but finds they are for employees only, so he takes a job as a pizza delivery guy. On the freeway, Bloo tries to drive through a tollbooth he saw with Frankie earlier. Mac manages to find change but cannot get it through the bus window, and they end up crashing through the barrier and being pulled over by the police. Back at the house, Wilt struggles to explain Mr. Herriman's absence, leading Coco to phone Goo and ask her to come over. Goo arrives, and, after many unsuccessful attempts to create a clone of Mr. Herriman (including a badger and a Bugs Bunny lookalike) manages to successfully create a copy of Mr. Herriman. However, when Frankie attempts to speak to him, "Mr. Herriman" can only respond with gibberish, leading Wilt to claim that he is delusional and get Frankie to take care of him as well as Coco. Back at the tollbooth, Bloo gives a police officer Frankie's drivers license, before speeding off whilst the officer is checking it. Later, Mac phones Wilt and asks him to cover for them for a little bit longer. Wilt agrees, but is beginning to crack under the strain. On the road, Mac and Bloo encounter an exhausted Eduardo and pick him up, with Eduardo asking them if they can get his mattress. Back at the house, Frankie receives a call from her friend Cathy, who explains that she is at a mechanics after being rear-ended by an "idiot in a bus". Frankie asks Wilt to look after Coco and Mr. Herriman. Wilt hesitates, but finally agrees when he sees Goo walk in with Mac and Bloo. Frankie says she will be leaving in two minutes once she changes her clothes. Frankie leaves to get changed, and Wilt receives a phone call from Mac. Wilt expresses surprise at hearing Mac on the phone, and it is revealed that the Mac and Bloo at the house were in fact imagined by Goo ("Mac" has a long purple tongue with orange spots and "Bloo" speaks Japanese). At this point, Wilt snaps and informs Mac that they have two minutes to get back before Frankie leaves the house, and he can't cover for them any more. Mac, Bloo and Eduardo are at the mattress warehouse buying Eduardo's mattress. Despite many delays with buying the mattress, they manage to speed back to the house before Frankie leaves. Frankie leaves the house and sees the three standing by the bus, along with several crashed cars and police officers, and shouts "BLOO!" Bloo casually remarks "Best road trip ever" as Mac faints.
Over the end credits, Frankie is reciting the charge sheet (driving without a licence, lying on a job application and destruction of public/personal property) she received to Bloo, only to discover she is speaking to the Japanese-speaking Bloo. Meanwhile, the real Bloo goes joyriding in the bus again.
- The title, "Bus the Two of Us," is a reference to the saying "just the two of us."
- Frankie's driver's license reveals she was born on July 25, 1984.
- In this episode, Goo finally realises that Mr. Herriman isn't a badger.
- When Mac searches for the toll road fee, finds it, tries to throw it out of the bus window and fails, Bloo says: "Target's Coming up" "Almost there!" "It's away!" "Negative. It didn't go in. Just impacted on the surface." This is a reference to Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope during the Battle of Yavin, when Garven Dresis, aka Red Leader's proton torpedoes, failed to enter the exhaust port to destroy the Death Star.
- The hitchhiker standing on the road is holding a sign that says "Magrathea." Magrathea is the name of a planet in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series of books by Douglas Adams. He's also wearing sleepwear, much as the main character Arthur Dent did throughout the first several books.
- Frankie references the song "The Best Things In Life Are Free" by Luther Vandross and Janet Jackson. When Bloo states that: "Oh, Frankie, everybody knows that the best things in life aren't free!" She responds with: "No, everybody knows that the best things in life ARE free.".
- When Wilt tells Mac that he is no longer going to cover for him and Bloo, he hangs up the phone. Then he quickly picks it back up to say "Sorry" and hangs up again. In real life, Mac wouldn't hear his apology, due to the fact that the call was already ending after hanging up. Wilt would have been speaking to the dial tone and not Mac.
- These are the things that bloo did that were illegal
- Committed grand theft auto (because he stole the bus)
- Driving without a license
- Reckless driving
- Wrecking people's yards
- Lying on a job application
- Resisting arrested
- Rear ending one of frankie's friends
- Showing a fake I.D.
- Lying to an officer
- Not paying for tole
- Illegal use of toilet plungers
- Throwing pizzas at people
- This is the sixth episode in the series (fourth in a row) to feature Goo.
- This is the third time Eduardo is seen riding a tricycle.
- This is one of the few times Wilt lies. He briefly lied in the pilot, "House of Bloo's," when trying to convince the bratty girl not to adopt Bloo by saying he smelled bad. He also lied in "The Trouble With Scribbles" about himself, Eduardo and Coco not knowing anything about the secret door.
- At the mattress store, Eduardo asks for a purple sheet, but receives a blue one instead.
- When Mac is giving Bloo directions on how he usually gets to Foster's, Bloo is sitting on the driver's seat. At that point, however, he was not wearing the plungers, meaning he would not be able to reach the pedals.
APM Music Identification
- Ternation Stranger - "You smashed like my piggy bank"
- Ternation Fates - Coco got sick
- Foster's Scenery (c) - Eduardo rides on a bike to "One Day Only Mattress Sale"!
- Super Flash - Goo knows the answer.