|Episode name pun on: movie Apocalypse Now|
|Airdate:||October 15, 2004|
"Who Let the Dogs In?"
"Adoptcalypse Now" is the twelfth episode of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
It's Adopt-A-Thought Saturday, an event that focuses on getting good friends adopted on the weekends when children are out of school. Mac and Bloo find out what Adopt-A-Thought Saturday is about after their good friend Jokey gets adopted, and spend the day forcing the friends back into the house so that they won't be adopted.
- Running Gags:
- The music that plays during the chase scene is briefly heard in "Squeakerboxxx" when Bloo runs away from the little girl with the rubber elephant and Dracula teeth, and in "The Buck Swaps Here" when the Foster's gang chase Eduardo at the swap meet in their attempt to get their hands on the $100 bill he found.
- The music that plays in this episode when Bloo is dancing down the stairs also plays when Bloo shows off his mittens in the episode, Duchess of Wails.
- There is an imaginary friend that is briefly seen in a couple of scenes that is almost identical to the character Cousin Itt from The Addams Family.
- The name of the episode is a reference to "Apocalypse Now," a movie set in the time of the Vietnam War and based on the book "Heart of Darkness."
- Mac hates clowns but he loves Jokey even though he's a clown, it could be possible that Mac only loves Jokey as it seems Jokey is the only clown Mac loves but doesn't like any other clowns.